Complaints Information

How to make a complaint

If you have any questions or queries about the complaints process, please speak with your local Service Manager, Team leader or Recovery Worker.

Making a complaint

Open Road is committed to providing a high quality service to everyone we deal with, but occasionally things can go wrong. When this happens, you may want to complain.

We respect and welcome any comments and feedback and it is our responsibility to listen and learn from your views to ensure that we continually improve our services to best meet your needs.

Open Road has a complaints policy and procedure that ensures that you will be listened to. Your complaint will be taken seriously, and handled efficiently and fairly with you receiving a timely and appropriate response to the concerns you have raised.

As part of the process we will try to explain what went wrong and put things right by making changes, making sure we are continually improving our services.

The Complaints Process

If you are unhappy with any elements of the service or feel that you have been treated unfairly, we would like to resolve the issue as quickly as possible

Step 1 – Talk to your Recovery Worker, Recovery Champion or the Team Leader/Service Manager. The Team Leader or Service Manager will respond to all verbal complaints within 3 working days.

Step 2 – If we are unable to resolve the complaint, your Recovery Worker or a member of the team will

support you in completing a written complaint.  Once you have submitted a written complaint, we will follow an investigation process.  We will contact you within 3 working days of receiving the complaint and will arrange to meet with you to discuss your complaint.  Once the investigation has been concluded we will send you a written response with the outcome of the investigation within 20 working days.

Step 3 – Anonymised information from your complaint will be used by Open Road to learn from and improve the services we offer.

The Appeals Process

If you are not happy with the outcome of your complaint, then you have the right to ask that it be considered by the CEO or the chair of Trustees.  An appeal must be made in writing to the chair of Trustees within 5 working days of receiving the written outcome.

If you are still not satisfied with the outcome in response to your appeal, you have the right to take the complaint to the local authority which commissions the service.  Finally, if the local authority does not resolve the complaint, you can take it to the Local Government Ombudsman.

The ombudsman provides free, independent service and can be contacted at:

PO Box 4771, Coventry, CV4 0EH

Phone: 0300 061 0614